Thursday, August 27, 2009

MEssy People, MEssy Problems

I haven't blogged much since my last rant - on purpose. I'm still frustrated and angry with various people and situations - MEssy people and MEssy problems. And even though I'm not responsible for what's happening, lately, you'll find ME in the midst of a MEss. I don't like that part of my job.

Sure, I'm aware of the fact that I can't clean up other people's messes (and when I do I'm probably not helping as much as I think) but sometimes, praying, hoping and waiting for God to do what only He can do is not as easy as it sounds. It's a sick person who enjoys watching others suffer, make mistakes and regularly choose the wrong path. It's even worse when you care about people.

I've determined that I'm staying in the MEss that others have made because I care. I'm called to be both a prophet and a priest to those who've created these MEssy situations. A prophet who points out what's wrong and refuses to ignore it and a priest who cares for and intercedes on their behalf. I'm hanging out on the front row of God's workshop, but right now, from my limited perspective, I just see the MEss and not what this MEss is going to become.

And I'm OK with that. It's not about ME anyhow.

2 comments:

Todd said...

No comments yet.....Dude! Thanks for being part of my MEsses. And...i think you encourage ME to help others with their MEsses! And if we all continue to help others with their MEsses.....maybe there will be less MEsses. Somehow this is beginning to make sense. Todd

Nancy J Locke said...

I have started tucking notes into my Bible and that releases the tension when someone has asked for help in a difficult situation. My husband couldn't believe how many notes I have stacked in there recently. :D I have to read another Bible so the notes don't fall out.

Every once in awhile I read through the tucked in requests and it's AMAZING how many times the situation was resolved by God...when it seemed impossible. Of course, I want the keep the notes tucked in there so the situation doesn't happen again. :D

Blessings to you and your ministry.

Nancy J Locke